- Brad talks about the inner game–working on our mindset, is the number way to fast track success. Business, success and money is never going to lead to lasting happiness. It’s happiness and appreciation for your life that will lead to success. The strategies matter, but if you bring the wrong mindset to the strategy, nothing will work.
- Why do we procrastinate? Brad says it’s because all humans are driven by the same 2 things:
- 1. The need to avoid pain.
- 2. The need to gain pleasure.
- The pain pleasure threshold normally is that it’s more painful to work than it is pleasurable to rest. At some point that switches when it becomes more painful NOT to do the work, becomes greater than the pleasure of resting. This is why we procrastinate–we’re only trying to avoid pain.
- Brad says through the power of questions, we can stop procrastinating. If we stop and respond to what we’re facing, life gets easier. When procrastination comes up, ask yourself questions of consequence:
- What will it cost you in 6 months if you don’t take action?
- What will it cost you in 2 years if you don’t take action?
- Brad says that perfection is fear. Fear that you’re not enough. When we live in perfection it causes pain in one of three ways:
- 1. So obsessed with the “how” that we won’t take action.
- 2. Anytime you fail, you link it to you being a failure.
- 3. You’ll bounce from peak to peak, never thinking it’s enough.
- When it comes to failure, Brad says to understand where your fear of failure is coming from, then seeing what failure actually is–it’s just data.
- Failure is the greatest gift you can get. It’s the yellow brick road to success! Failure gives you data to win. Success comes from good judgement, good judgement comes from experience, and experience is typically the result of bad judgement. You need to mess up in order to thrive!
- If your action is small, your success will probably be small.
- Being busy isn’t a badge of honor. Brad talks from experience that sometimes we associate busy work with being successful or important. Instead, ask yourself what other things can make you feel important!
- Start beyond scarcity. We all have relationships with money. Investing in yourself is a beautiful thing. Brad says money is like air–if you take a big breath and hold it, because you’re afraid of letting it go, you’ll eventually suffocate. But if you let that money go and breath it back in, that’s the energy you have around money, and life gets a lot easier. Instead of thinking of investing in yourself as “money leaving” think of it as an opportunity of investment and growth. Start in abundance.
- Think of emotions that cause you to feel abundance:
- 1. Unconditional love, state of creation and service to others.
- 2. Appreciation, the mindset of receiving.
- “It’s not my financial situation changes and then I feel different, it’s I feel different and that’s what makes my financial situation change.”
- Scarcity is a mindset of OR. A mindset of being deserving. A lot of comparison, this OR that. But abundance is a mindset of AND!
- There are 1700 new millionaires created every day. It’s abundant! It’s not a matter of being deserving…it’s a matter of creation and appreciation.
- Strive for more AND focus on appreciation! Trade expectations to appreciation.
- (2:01) A little more about Brad.
- (2:59) How Brad got started as a personal development expert.
- (4:30) Mindset first.
- (5:26) Why do we procrastinate?
- (6:02) The pain pleasure threshold.
- (6:48) How to switch out of procrastination mode.
- (8:50) Why I’m always early.
- (9:34) Perfectionism. Why you should stop waiting for things to be perfect.
- (12:52) Let’s talk failure… What if it doesn’t work?
- (16:29) Brad’s example of failure being the best data points.
- (18:10) Business is not a badge of honor!
- (19:57) Scarcity mindset–investing in yourself!
- (24:27) Abundance is a mindset of AND.
- (24:58) What’s the best book Brad’s read.
- (26:03) What does I mean to Brad to make an impact?
- (27:43) Brad’s training coming up!!
“Business, success and money is never going to lead to lasting happiness. It’s happiness and appreciation for your life that will lead to success.”
“Appreciation is the master skill too fast track success.”
“Perfection is the lowest standard we can ever set for ourselves because it guarantees pain.”
“If it’s scary, that’s a sign I should lean in.”
“Success comes from good judgement, good judgement comes from experience, and experience is typically the result of bad judgement.”
“It’s not my financial situation changes and then I feel different, it’s I feel different and that’s what makes my financial situation change.”
“There are 1700 new millionaires created every day. “
Connect with Brad Bizjack:
JOIN BRADS TRAINING: WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 13TH, 10AM CT!!
Books Mentioned in this Episode:
Awaken the Giant Within by Tony Robbins