- Lia emphasizes the importance of understanding and addressing the root causes of poverty, rather than just providing temporary aid.
- She highlights the role of systemic issues, such as discrimination and lack of access to education and job opportunities, in perpetuating poverty.
- She also emphasizes the importance of involving and empowering individuals and communities affected by poverty in the development and implementation of poverty reduction strategies.
- Lia says there is a need for collaboration and cooperation between governments, businesses, and civil society organizations to effectively address poverty.
- Rachel emphasizes the importance of clear communication and setting expectations with team members.
- Lia highlights the value of regularly checking in with team members and providing feedback.
- Both Rachel and Lia stress the importance of being flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced work environment.
- Rachel suggests setting specific, measurable goals to ensure that the team stays on track and is making progress.
- Actively seeking out and embracing new challenges can help team members grow and develop.
- Building a positive, supportive team culture can lead to increased motivation and productivity.
- Lia emphasizes the importance of fostering open and honest communication within the team.
- Rachel mentions that providing regular training and development opportunities can help team members improve their skills and advance in their careers.
- Lia talks about recognizing and rewarding team members for their contributions can help boost morale and engagement.
- Rachel and Lia both agree that it’s important to be proactive in identifying and addressing any issues or problems within the team.
- (2:20) A little more about Lia Garvin.
- (3:50) How to lead a team effectively!
- (8:23) Expecting people to read your mind.
- (10:31) Boundaries you should have in place for your schedule and team.
- (12:55) Money vs. self worth.
- (13:48) Getting out of the hourly mindset.
- (16:02) Reconnecting with the “why.”
- (16:31) Negative self talk while Lia was writing her book.
- (18:34) One of the best books Lia has read.
- (20:20) Getting your team to feel a sense of belonging.
- (21:39) What it means to Lia to make an impact.
- (23:30) Where to connect with Lia.
- “I’m convinced that about half of what separates the successful entrepreneurs from the non-successful ones is pure perseverance.”
- “The best way to predict the future is to create it.”
- “It’s not about ideas. It’s about making ideas happen.”
- “Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do.”
- “If you are not willing to risk the unusual, you will have to settle for the ordinary.”
- “I think the biggest takeaway is that communication is key.”
- “It’s important to approach difficult conversations with empathy and understanding.”
- “We need to make sure we’re all on the same page before moving forward with any decisions.”
- “It’s important to be transparent and honest in our communication.”
- “We need to maintain a positive and supportive work environment.”
Books Mentioned in the Episode: