- When starting out a lot of business can come from referrals as well as good SEO.
- As a business grows you need to hire team members when necessary to properly scale.
- Therapy is about what happened and coaching is based on the future that you want to create.
- Balancing your personal life with your business is very important.
- Business is not easy, but the business outweighs the challenges.
- Stick by your core values and teach your team to run everything through those values as a filter.
- You have to figure out what your “glow zone” is (area of your work that makes you light up and is connected to your purpose) and make 80 percent of your work be in that “glow zone.”
- Success is a moving target and it is important to constantly know yourself and know your business.
- When something changes you have to be humble and understand that there may be things you still have to learn or figure out.
- You have to set your goals and be all in.
- Sometimes you have to work to have a positive mind set, it is easy to be negative.
- You can’t let other people dictate your life and choose your thoughts for you.
- People eat a certain way because they want to have a healthy body, you have to think a certain way to have a healthy mind.
- Figure out how you “want to feel” whether it is excited, safe, calm, motivated, etc.
- Stay in the game, sometimes it may feel like you’re playing injured, but you need to keep playing.
- When you decide that you’re going to do something, you have to put in the effort to make it happen.
- You have to get perspective, you can’t let one thing knock the wind out of your sails.
- (1:55) A little more about Katie DePaola.
- (4:50) How to get business through referrals and SEO.
- (6:00) Branding Spray Tanning with Life Coaching.
- (7:30) Katie shares how she was able to scaling her business.
- (10:30) Explaining what Life Coaching is.
- (12:50) How she balances her personal life with business.
- (16:40) Benefits vs Challenges.
- (18:30) Finding your “glow zone” or zone of genius.
- (20:30) Getting comfortable learning things that you don’t know.
- (25:00) The risks involved with entrepreneurship.
- (28:20) Positive “Brain Washing.”
- (31:10) Ingredients for a healthy mind.
- (33:45) Talking about staying in the game.
- (37:00) How to keep your clients happy.
- (38:40) Gaining perspective.
“It was just a concept, it was just an idea and I started to step by step pave the way.”
“A lot of us feel like life has been done to us, then realize ‘oh I actually get to create my life.’”
“My business saved me, it gave me something to wake up for everyday.”
“You have to get comfortable being uncomfortable.”
Books Mentioned in this Episode:
Connect with Katie DePaola: