Episode 47 Show Notes
On today’s episode, I’m interviewing Kelly Roach. She is the host of the top rated podcast “Unstoppable Success Radio”, and CEO of Kelly Roach Coaching. She is a former NFL cheerleader and now helps creates lives for entrepreneurs that they absolutely love. Her passion is to help people achieve exponential growth in their business. In today’s episode we talk all about building a team so you can work less. We talk systems, processes, and all the things you NEED as an entrepreneur. Enjoy!
- She says her plan was the corporate ladder. She was promoted 7 times in 8 years, managed a team of 100 people, but she started to reflect on what her life would look like if she stayed on that path. Sometimes this reflection, if we’re stuck in a rut in our jobs, is so important. Everyone is entitled to live a life of fulfillment.
- First step is building the team, second step is being able to scale your business. A lot of people think these steps are reversed. But like Kelly tells us, you can’t be too reliant on outside people. You need to get people who want to be on your team, and go all in on helping you with your mission.
- Kelly helps us understand you want to get a plan to get clients, and reinvest that revenue in getting help.
- Catalyst for growth: How much can you do without working more hours?
- Referrals and Universities. These are the two main places Kelly says to look for people to hire.
- Training Process 3 Step Process:
- Step 1: It is so key to be clear on the objectives and roles for the job and end goal.
- Step 2: Design where they spend their time, so you set them up for success to get the job done the way you want it.
- Step 3: Make sure you have a 90 day plan for them, starting with a 30 day plan, lining up what it is you’ll be training them on, so they understand the brand, the why, and the goals.
- Kelly shares how being very vocal about what it is you expect from your employees, and collaborate with them on what you expect.
- She shares her tips on being a leader: You want the people who work for you to feel inspired, and grow. You need to be willing to have tough conversations. Coaching performance conversations is one of those ways Kelly shares.
- Look In The Mirror Leadership: Kelly talks about the power of reflection. If you don’t like something in your business, it’s so important to look inward and fill that gap. We tend to point blame, but have to ask yourself the question, “what can I do better?”
- If you are just getting started on building your business, that is the best possible time to start thinking about a team. It’s a lot easier to do it right on the first time rather than having to go back in your business.
- (1:52) A little more about Kelly Roach.
- (2:44) How did Kelly get started as an entrepreneur?
- (4:33) What does “using it for good” mean to Kelly?
- (4:53) What is Kelly Roach Coaching- what are the different programs she offers?
- (6:20) Scaling: How do you scale and build your team so you have freedom?
- (8:39) How to know when your business is ready to start outsourcing, and when it’s ready to start insourcing.
- (9:38) What is the catalyst for growth?
- (12:15) Where to find people to hire?
- (14:49) Kelly’s training process. How to best train your employees for the most successful role. (3 step process)
- (17:52) Some things Kelly does in the 90 day planning process with her new employees.
- (21:41) Is there such a thing as growing too fast, or hiring too soon?
- (23:20) Kelly’s tips on how to step into a leadership role as an entrepreneur.
- (24:41) What Kelly has done to develop herself as a leader.
- (26:49) What does it mean to Kelly to make an impact?
- (28:17) What is next for Kelly?
- (29:18) Where can you connect with Kelly?
“Theres a big distinction between someone who is a contractor for you and 15 other people, versus someone who says their career goal is to help you achieve yours.”
“How much can you do without working more hours”
“You can’t build a scaleable team if your people aren’t generating revenue”
“You have to be willing to make the investment first”
“You have to put the bumpers on the bowling lane for them”
“For every single thing that every single person does in your company, there should be a documented progress”
“The most important aspect of leadership is helping people become more.”
“The most important thing is looking in the mirror”
“Coaching is caring”
“Everyday I want people to say, “My life is better because we did this work together.”
“The team is what helps you get the big business.”
Text Bigger Than You to 44222 for early notifications, resources, and trainings on how to start building your team even if you’re just getting started!
Find Kelly On Social Media:
Podcast: Unstoppable Success Radio
All about helping business owners grow faster and accomplish their financial goals without compromising their quality of life. A mix of written in questions and lessons from Kelly! (3 episodes go live per week)
Watch the Full Interview
Thanks so much for Listening! Comment below with your #1 takeaway!
To help out our show I would love it if you subscribed and leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help the show and I read every single one!
Listen to Episode 41 (First Steps on Starting a Business, and How to Take it to the Next Level with Helen Munshi)
Listen to Episode 42 (How To Get In Front of MORE People and Build An Influential Online Brand with Erika Ashley)
Listen to Episode 43 (Talking Money Mindset with Intuitive Business Coach Emily Aarons)
Listen to Episode 44 (Uncovering the Next Evolution of Your Brand Message with Adria Decorte)